Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Maple Bacon Cupcakes

The experiment:

I've been intrigued by the idea of bacon in desserts for a while now. I keep planning to pick up a Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie or a Maple Bacon Cupcake. Never having gotten around to it, this last weekend I decided to try my hand at making Maple Bacon Cupcakes.




The results:

The cupcakes looked kitschy; but they had an overwhelming baking soda flavor and the icing was mediocre. I'm not a good enough baker to tweak the recipe, but I'd recommend reducing the amount of baking soda. I would also replace the frosting recipe with a different maple butter cream recipe.


Conclusion:


We all know bacon desserts are a novelty. Although, the chances of me remaking this recipe with my suggested alterations are slim to none, I did have fun trying it once.

No comments: